Table of Contents
An essential aspect of any online marketing strategy is content production, more specifically blog content.
Producing regular blog content is not only good for SEO but also assists in attracting targeted leads.
But crafting effective blog copy that ranks on Google and converts your target audience into customers requires skill, time, and research.
Copywriting software and tools can help you create copy that increases conversion rates and boosts SEO rankings.
In this article, we will examine some of the best copywriting software that you should use in your agency. You’ll also learn which features you need to look at when deciding which copywriting tools to use.
What is Copywriting Software?
Copywriting software can be defined as a piece of software or an entire suite of tools that help copywriters and marketers with every stage of the copywriting process, from start to finish.
This would include researching content ideas all the way through to publishing blog articles.
Image source: SearchEngineJournal
Now, we should mention that there’s not one all-inclusive copywriting software that has all of the necessary features to create optimized copy that’s nicely packaged all under one roof.
Because copywriting consists of widely differing activities, agencies should create their own copywriting software “stack” consisting of different tools, each being utilized for a specific task.
As an example, you can have one tool specifically for doing keyword research, another for checking grammar, and another for making sure the content is optimized for SEO.
Why Use Copywriting Software in Your Agency?
Copywriting software can help in creating copy that ranks in Google, converts prospects into customers, and enhances the overall user experience on a client’s website.
Here are some more reasons why agencies should use copywriting software:
- Can help agencies create an optimized workflow for producing copy for their clients with the help of various AI copywriting tools.
- Ensures that copy is free from grammatical errors and punctuation mistakes.
- Can help agencies identify which topics are trending based on their clients’ industry.
Now that you know what copywriting software is and why you should consider using it in your agency, let’s briefly discuss some of the features that your copywriting software “stack” should have.
Image Source: Paldesk
What Features Do the Best Copywriting Software & Tools Have?
Before considering which tools to add to your “stack”, first think of your agency’s needs and all the other tools that you are already using.
For example, if you’re already using Google Docs to create drafts of blog posts and collaborate with team members, then you can connect a Grammarly account to Docs to assist with spell and grammar checking.
So cross-check which copywriting apps can integrate with the list of tools that you’re currently using in your agency.
Here’s a list of the top features you need to be looking for when deciding on which copywriting software to use in your agency:
Grammar & Spell-Checking
Publishing content and copy that is free from grammatical errors and spelling mistakes is essential to the success of any online marketing activity.
Image Source: Writer
What will prospective customers think of your client’s website if they find spelling mistakes and grammar errors?
Spelling mistakes can lead to a brand losing its credibility and trust, and may ultimately result in a client losing out on sales.
According to an article on the BBC, spelling mistakes can result in huge losses in revenue for businesses.
Another source has found that, “74% of users look at the quality of the spelling and the grammar on a website, and that 59% of users will avoid buying from a company who has made spelling mistakes on their website.”
So when deciding on which copywriting software to use, make sure that the tool has got grammar and spell-checking functionality or at least integrates with a tool like Grammarly.
AI Content Generation
Artificial intelligence is taking the world by storm, infiltrating almost every area of our daily lives. Copywriting is no exception to that statement.
With the advancements in language technology and machine learning, many AI-powered content generation tools such as Copy.ai and Copysmith have been released into the market.
Image Source: TheNextScoop
These AI content generation tools assist marketing teams in creating copy for various marketing formats such as blogging, email marketing, and social media marketing.
The benefit of including an AI content generation tool in your copywriting stack is that it will help your agency increase content production without having to hire more team members.
AI content generations tools are also useful to assist writers who are experiencing writer’s block.
SEO Optimization Suggestions
Another essential feature to look at when choosing copywriting software is SEO optimization suggestions.
This feature entails that the tool has the ability to give suggestions on how you can optimize blog copy in order to boost SEO rankings.
This includes giving suggestions on which keywords to add to the content, how many images and links competing articles have, the adequate use of HTML headers in articles, etc.
One of the first things that web users see when visiting a website or browsing the search engine results page is the title of the page.
By creating optimized titles and headlines that generate curiosity, you’ll be able to drive targeted traffic to a client’s website.
Be sure to add a title generator tool to your copywriting software “stack” to help you create SEO-friendly titles.
Not only is plagiarism stealing someone else’s work (making it illegal), but it also signifies that a writer or business is not willing to put in the work to create content that is unique to their business.
It’s therefore essential to make sure that your copywriting software features a plagiarism checker.
If you’ve already decided on a few copywriting software, but you’ve noticed that none of them feature a plagiarism checker, then you could make use of a free online plagiarism checker.
If you elect to use an AI copywriting software to create blog articles, always check if the generated text doesn’t already exist somewhere else on the web.
You can do this by simply pasting the AI-generated text in the above plagiarism checker to see if the text is original.
Content Editing Suggestions
A content editing feature will help you shorten wordy sentences, making your copy more powerful, readable, and less straining on the eyes.
Best Copywriting Software & Tools
Next, we’ll discuss some of the best copywriting software and tools that you can use in your agency.
This list covers everything from AI copywriting apps, spell checkers, productivity tools, and more!
The first copywriting software that you can use is Frase.
According to their website, Frase is an AI that can help writers research and write SEO-optimized content.
With an average of 4.8 stars on both Capterra and G2, I think it’s safe to say that this tool is used and loved by many copywriters and agencies.
Here are some useful features that Frase comes with:
- Keyword research functionality
- Content editing
- Team collaboration
- An automated outline builder
- SEO optimization suggestions
Frase also has a content scoring feature that scores your content against the top-performing competitors in the SERPs. This modal compares your keyword usage with your competitors and helps you identify which keywords to add to your content.
Frase starts at $19.90 per month.
- Frase has a lot of features and functionalities that will enable you to create SEO-optimized content at scale.
- 7-day trial to test out features.
- The SEO add-on costs an extra $35 per month.
- Frase also doesn’t include a plagiarism checker which is quite important if you’re going to utilize their AI writer.
Copy.ai is probably one of the most popular AI writing assistants available on the market.
This copywriting software makes use of the latest language AI technology called GPT-3, which uses deep learning to create human-like text.
Copy.ai is not only useful for producing blog copy, but can also be used to create digital ad copy, social media content, eCommerce product descriptions, and sales copy.
Another handy Copy.ai feature is the “Change Tone” tool that allows you to choose from nine different voice tones such as relaxed, witty, empathetic, and more.
This is especially useful if your agency is creating content for businesses in different industries. For example, blog content for lawyers will usually have a more professional tone than blog content for a car wash business.
If you want to create copy aimed at non-English speaking audiences then Copy.ai can help you create copy in more than 25 different languages.
The premium version of Copy.ai starts at $35 per month.
- They’ve got a free plan that requires no credit card information, meaning you can access all the features without having to pay a cent.
- Copy.ai consists of more than 90 copywriting tools that you can use to create the perfect copy.
- Copy.ai can be used to generate copy for a broad range of things such as email subject lines, Instagram captions, CTA text generators, and more!
- 24/7 live support.
- Some people have complained that some of the sentences don’t always make sense when generating long-form content.
Copysmith is another AI copywriting software and Copy.ai alternative.
If you’re experiencing writer’s block or just need another angle for your copy, then Copysmith is a potential tool that you can use to assist you in producing content.
Copysmith comes packed with 30 templates that you can utilize for different use cases such as Facebook and Google Ads, Amazon product descriptions, blog outlines, content ideas, and YouTube video descriptions.
This copywriting software integrates with multiple services such as Google Ads, Shopify, Google Docs, WooCommerce, and more!
Copysmith starts at $19 per month.
- 7-day unlimited free trial.
- Can integrate directly with Google Ads to launch PPC campaigns. The A/B test functionality is especially useful if you want to test headlines and ad copy.
- Live chat and email support are available.
- All plans allow collaboration between team members.
- Currently only English is available as a language for creating content.
- Some users have complained that it works better for short-form content than long-form content.
Jasper, formerly known as Jarvis, is an AI writing assistant and copywriting software that can be used to create unique, highly engaging content.
Agencies can use Jasper to write copy for product listings, blog post outlines, blog post introductions and conclusions, Facebook ad headlines, and more.
In fact, there are more than 50 different templates available to choose from, including copy for your YouTube video descriptions and titles.
What makes Jasper unique to other AI writing assistants is that it was founded by copywriting experts, meaning Jasper has great writing skills at its core.
Jasper is priced at $29 per month for 20,000 words of AI-generated text.
- Jasper can produce copy in more than 25 different languages.
- Access to live support.
- Jasper enables teams to collaborate and manage projects.
- The cost of using Jasper can get quite expensive.
- Jasper has no native plagiarism checker, instead, it integrates with Copyscape (an online plagiarism detection tool). But you’ll have to subscribe to a Copyscape plan at an additional cost.
- “SEO Mode” is only available on the high-end plan.
Rytr boasts amazing reviews with a minimum of 4.7 stars from 2690 reviews on TrustPilot, G2, and AppSumo combined. This obviously means that this copywriting app is used and loved by many of its customers.
This copywriting software features more than 20 different tones of voice, available in more than 30 languages.
Probably one of the best aspects of this tool is that its free plan includes a plagiarism checker, up to 5,000 characters of AI-generated text per month, and all the other features of the paid plans.
Ryter premium starts at $9 per month, making it the cheapest AI writing assistant on this list.
- The free plan comes with all the premium features including an online plagiarism checker.
- Pricing is dependent on the number of characters you use, so if you plan on writing long-form content, then Rytr may be quite expensive.
- Some users have complained that the quality of the AI-generated copy needs improvement.
Airstory is a copywriting tool that writers and agency teams can use to collaborate and work on projects together.
This tool is all about helping teams from content idea generation all the way through to content publication. You can almost think of Airstory as a project management tool specifically for blog content production.
The “Airstory Researcher” Chrome extension allows copywriters to save the research sources they found while browsing online.
What’s especially useful of Airstory is that agencies can publish approved drafts directly to their clients’ WordPress websites.
Airstory starts at $25 per month and has a free trial that you can use to check out its functionality.
- Free trial.
- Unlimited collaborators are available on the entry-level plan.
- Publish directly to WordPress via the Airstory plugin.
- Built-in spelling and grammar checker.
- A mobile app is available.
- Only 2 paid plans are available, with quite a large jump in price between the two plans.
If you’re producing blog content, website copy, and social media content, then Grammarly should definitely form part of your copywriting software toolbox.
Grammarly is a free online writing assistant that ensures that your copy is free from any spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
Not only that, but Grammarly also checks for overused words in sentences and ensures that your sentences don’t contain any passive voice.
Grammarly features real-time content editing and suggestions with explanations on how to improve your copy.
Similar to some of the AI copywriting tools, Grammarly can also assist copywriters to adjust the tone of voice depending on the intended audience.
Grammarly Premium starts at $12 per month.
- A free version is available.
- Google Chrome extension that allows you to edit copy on any page.
- Comes with a plagiarism checker.
- Sometimes the AI doesn’t understand what you’re trying to say.
- If you don’t have the premium version, Grammarly sends a lot of in-app notifications to try and convert you into a paying customer.
The Hemingway App is similar to Grammarly in that it helps copywriters to write sentences that are shorter, more powerful, and easier to read.
This copywriting software gives writers live feedback on the things they need to do to improve their copy.
Unlike all of the tools mentioned in this article, the Hemingway App has a desktop version that requires no internet connection.
The desktop version of this copywriting software costs $19.99, whereas the online version is free to use forever.
- The online version is free to use forever.
- The live content editor gives instant feedback on how to create copy that is more concise and powerful.
- Agencies can publish directly to WordPress and Medium on the Hemingway Editor.
- Doesn’t complete an in-depth grammar check like many of the other tools such as Grammarly.
Coschedule Headline Analyzer
The next copywriting tool is essential for analyzing your headlines and page titles. The Coschedule Headline Analyzer analyzes a title based on metrics such as readability, word and character count, sentiment, clarity, word balance, and headline type.
The free Headline Studio Browser Extension gives you the ability to analyze headlines while browsing the web and to save the ones that you like for inspiration.
This tool is useful because page titles and blog headlines are essential to making a good first impression.
This tool comes with its own built-in “Word Bank” that can help you find words that will spice up your headlines.
The Coschedule Headline Analyzer is free to use, but the free version comes with its limitations. For instance, with the free plan, you don’t get access to the SEO Score feature.
The lowest-paid plan starts at $9 per month for 5 premium headline reports per month.
- The Headline Analyzer features a nice UI.
- The built-in thesaurus can help you find synonyms and words that can increase your headline score.
- The free plan only gives you access to 3 premium headline reports per month.
- Headline SEO score is only available on the paid plans.
Wordable is a copywriting tool for copywriters that allows them to easily export blog articles from Google Docs to WordPress.
This tool can help agency teams save time and increase productivity by bulk exporting finalized drafts to WordPress with one simple click.
Simply connect your Content Management System and import all your content from Google Docs. Wordable will then bulk publish all of the content to your WordPress or Medium blog using all of the preset formatting styles that you’ve specified.
Wordable starts at $49 per month and goes all the way up to $999 per month for big publishers.
- This tool can help your teams save a ton of time wasted on uploading content to clients’ websites.
- Wordable can be used on multiple WordPress websites, making it ideal for agencies that need to upload content to multiple websites.
- Some users have reported that the tool is “broken and buggy.”
This concludes our list of copywriting software and tools for marketing agencies.
Creating copy that engages your target audience, persuades them to take action, and ranks in Google is one of the most important activities that an agency can undertake for its clients.
Agencies can use the copywriting tools that we discussed in this article to help them create, edit and publish content more efficiently and effectively at scale.